So I’m back with another useful guide. Today I’m gonna guide you about how to start blogging career. Some very common questions would also be answered like How to Start Blogging? Should I use FREE services or PAID services to run my blog? And many others so stay tuned!
I’ll try to make it as easy as possible so everyone can understand and apply the steps to make a blog. There’re a lot of people out there who wants to share their ideas over the internet through blog but they’re confused about how to start blogging and where to start from.
I’ve put together a beginner’s guide for those who wants to know how to start blogging. This article is also useful for those who’ve failed in blogging before and looking to restart their blogging career with a better approach.
Why Do You Need to Start Blogging?
This is human nature that we always look out for benefits. We always ask “What’s in it for me?” before doing anything. So you must be wondering that why should we create a blog? What’re the benefits of blogging?
I’m listing down some of the benefits of blogging to answer all these type of questions. Below are the benefits of blogging:
- It can boost up your online presence. In short, it can make you a BRAND.
- You get to make a lot of strong customer relations.
- You get to educate other people about everything you know which increase your followers and consequently you’ll get recognition.
- It also helps you to explore your passion and work hard to achieve milestones.
- You can ACTUALLY make a pretty handsome amount of money through your blog If you do it the right way.
and many more….
A Beginner’s Guide on How to Start Blogging
Ok so let’s get to the point! Below is the step by step guide on how to start blogging. I’m listing down all the steps based on my personal experience.
Let’s have a look!
01: Identify Your Area of Interest
The first and foremost step is to analyze what do you want to write about because If you don’t have a clear vision about what to write, you’ll fail miserably. The topic could be anything you’re obsessed with, like to talk about or your field related stuff. For example, in my case, I’m a Software Engineer so I write about everything I know about technology.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What is my area of interest?
- Can I continuously write articles about my topic without getting bored?
- Do I have enough knowledge and skills about my topic?
- Who are my target audience?
- Can I write articles on my blog for at least next 6 months without thinking about money?
Once you’ve the answers, you’re ready to start.
02: Choose a Domain Name
Ok so once we’ve a clear vision in mind about our blog’s niche, let’s think about the blog domain name. A domain name is actually the name of your blog. For example; Google.com, Facebook.com are some examples of domain names.
So all you need to do is open up any one of the website mentioned above to find your perfect domain name for your blog. I recommend BlueHost and iPage based on my personal experience.
Before purchasing a domain name, you need to keep these things in mind:
- Always try to buy a short domain name. The reason is short names are easy to remember and thus they’re recommended.
- Always try to avoid digits within domain name. For example, top5weekly.com etc. It confuses your readers.
- Always prefer .com domain extension because it is very good for Search Engine Optimization. Moreover, it is an international entity. There’re other domain extensions which are used If you’re targeting a specific country like .pk for Pakistan, .au for Australia etc. but .com is always a best option.
- Always find a relevant domain name related to your niche. For examples, I write tutorials on this website and my target isn’t just one country but the whole world so I selected tutorialsfeed.com which is relevant to what I write about.
03: Choose Web Hosting
Now that you’ve selected a domain name for your blog, the question is where are you going to save all your blog data?
Here comes the part of Web Hosting.
A hosting is actually a web server which contains your blog data. There’re different kinds of hosting like Shared, Virtual Private Server (VPS) and Dedicated based on the requirements. But for starters, the best plan is to have a shared hosting. You’ve to buy some space where you can host your blog data.
Your blog data is very important thing which you don’t wanna lose so you must do some research and find a good web host which have great customer support, low server downtime etc.
I recommend BlueHost for WordPress sites based on my personal experience.
So what’re you waiting for? GET YOURS NOW!
You can check out their packages here: https://www.bluehost.com/products
04: Choose CMS
Ok so now that you’ve purchased domain and hosting. It’s time to setup your website so we can start. Here comes the part of Content Management System (CMS). It allows you to add and manage content on your blog. I recommend you to use WordPress CMS to manage your blog. It’s literally the BEST out there! You must be thinking why am I so much confident about it? Well, the reason is I’ve been using it since the start of my online career and It makes your life much easier.
I’m using WordPress for this blog as well. Its a FLEXIBLE platform which allows you to install different plugins (standalone functionality) to enhance your blog features.
Here are some other reasons because of which I ALWAYS RECOMMEND WordPress:
- It is the MOST WIDELY used CMS over the internet. Around 25% of the whole internet is powered by WordPress (that’s a HUGE number!).
- You can easily enhance the functionality of your website or blog with the help of plugins which saves you a lot of time.
- Managing this platform is a REALLY EASY task even for non-techies.
- You can change your blog theme with a single click!
- You get instant support in case of any issues because there’s a HUGE community of WordPressors out there waiting to help each other.
and many more…..
05: Create Social Media Presence
Now that you’ve installed WordPress and setup your blog, you need to make social media presence of your blog in order to grab more traffic and make it a brand.
Create accounts on all major social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram etc. Try to be consistent in terms of name on ALL the platforms. By consistent I mean that keep the same name of your blog on all social media. In that way, it’d be helpful for people to identify you as a brand.
Like I have my blog tutorialsfeed.com and I’ve social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter. On both of these platforms, I’ve kept the same username which is TutorialsFeed so people can easily find my blog.
AND WE’RE READY TO GO!
Ok so THAT’S ALL!! You’ve completed all the required steps and its time to start BLOGGING for good. No matter how much knowledge do you have about your blog niche, JUST START WRITING and you’ll start figuring out things with the passage of time.
I hope that after reading this article, you’ll have a clear vision about how to start blogging and what are the required steps for this. If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box and I’d be more than happy to assist. If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.