In this article, I’ll explain how to make money on Craigslist. You must be thinking that Craigslist is an advertising platform and how can one make money out of it. This is what I’m gonna tell you today. If you’re freelancer and looking to expand your business, Craigslist is a great platform to consider. And the best part is you don’t have to create an account on Craigslist.
So Let’s get started!
How to Make Money on Craigslist
Let’s have a look at different steps involved in getting freelance projects from Craigslist. Here is a complete video in Urdu language.
If you don’t understand Urdu or prefer the text version, keep reading:
- First of all, type “craigslist” in Google and click on the first search result.
- Here you’ll see that the whole world is involved. Craigslist is a global advertising network. You can see different areas. Most of the traffic comes from US so you should focus on this area. It’s a huge country with over 50 states, their cities and all that so there’s a huge freelance market residing in just the United States. And in the United States, some specific states like California, New York, Texas and some cities like Chicago, Boston, Atlanta has more advertisements related to freelance stuff so keep an eye on them.
- Click on the area you want to search advertisements in. For example, I’ve selected “Los Angeles” city in California, USA.
- Now you’ll see a directory of advertisements categorized into Community, Housing, For Sale, Jobs etc. It means that there’re advertisements related to Housing, Jobs etc. Here you’ll have to search a keyword and hit enter. For example, I create WordPress websites and I want to get freelance projects related to WordPress, so I’ve written “wordpress” in the search box.
- After clicking, you’ll get a list of advertisements. There’ll be a dropdown menu at the top. Click on it and select ‘gigs’ as we’re interested in advertisements related to WordPress gigs.
- Now you’ll get a list of gigs related to the WordPress. This is what we want.
- Click on any one of the advertisement to see its details. Read the details carefully. I opened up one of the links listed above. Be sure to focus on latest ads (no more than 7 days old) so that you’ve more chances of getting the project.
- Now that you’ve read the project details, you must be thinking how can I reach out to this person so you can further proceed with the project. To contact the person, click on the “reply” button just above the project title. You’ll get the person’s contact information (most of the people leave their email addresses) which is email address n my case. There’re also different mailboxes available like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc. I have account on Gmail so I’m gonna click on it to write an email to that person we can further proceed in this project.
- Once you click on the mailbox option like I clicked on Gmail, it’ll open up a new window and setup an email format in which recipient’s email and subject is already written.
- Write an engaging proposal discussing the job post and send to the recipient. WE’RE DONE!!
This is how you can find freelance projects on Craigslist. I hope that after reading this article, you’ll know how to make money on Craigslist and give a boost to your freelance business. If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box and I’d be more than happy to assist. If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.