Hey Everyone! Today I’m going to tell you how to delete a WordPress Theme from WordPress Admin Panel (WP Admin). This is a real easy thing to do but many of you might not know this little secret and use FTP or cPanel to delete a WordPress theme from themes directory.
To be honest, I also used to do this every time unless I found the solution. In this article, I’ll guide you through every step required to delete a WordPress theme from WordPress Admin Panel.
Ok so let’s move forward!
How to Delete a WordPress Theme from WordPress Admin Panel
Below is the complete video tutorial of how to delete a WordPress Theme from WordPress Admin Panel:
However, If you prefer the text version, keep reading and follow the below instructions:
- First of all login to your WordPress site Admin Panel by typing http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin. Remember to replace “yourdomain.com” with your website domain name like “tutorialsfeed.com” in my case.
- Now that you’ve logged in to your admin panel, navigate over to the Appearance > Themes
- Once you’re in the themes section, hover over the theme you want to delete. Please note that the theme you want to delete should be deactivated before deletion. If the theme isn’t deactivated, hover upon any other theme (move your cursor over it) and press “Activate” button to deactivate the theme to be deleted. For example, in this case, I want to delete “Twenty Fifteen” theme which is already deactivated.
- Now that theme to be deleted is deactivated, move your cursor over it (hover upon it) and you’ll see an option “Theme Details”.
- Click on the “Theme Details” option and you’ll see the some details about the theme like Theme Name, Theme Version, Theme Author etc. At the bottom right corner, you’ll see an option “Delete”.
- Click on the “Delete” option and we’re done. Your theme has been deleted right from the WordPress Admin Panel.
I hope that after reading this article, you’ll be able to understand how to delete a WordPress Theme from WordPress Admin Panel. If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box and I’d be more than happy to assist. If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.