Hey Everyone! In this article, I’m going to tell you how to create Fiverr Gig in 2017. I’ll be guiding you through each and every step of creating a FIVERR GIG THAT CONVERTS AND GET YOU SALES.
So let’s move forward!
How to Create Fiverr Gig in 2017
Let’s have a look at how to create Fiverr Gig and start your freelancing career:
- Login to your Fiverr account and hover over your username at the top right corner. Click on the “Selling” drop-down.
- From the “Selling” drop-down menu, click “Create a Gig”.
- HOW TO CREATE FIVERR GIG (STEP 01 – OVERVIEW): Ok so the very first thing you need to add is Gig Title. It means to describe what your gig is all about in a brief manner. For example, if your service is to create a WordPress based website, your gig title would be like “I will create professional WordPress site for you”. Please note that your gig title should not be more than 80 characters.
- After Gig Title, you need to specify the Gig Category & Sub-category. Taking our current example of WordPress websites, the Gig Category would be “Programming & Tech” while the sub-category would be “WordPress”. Once you’ve specified the category, its time to enter Gig Metadata in order to make your gig easily searchable for the buyers. Check all the options which are applicable based on the nature of your gig.
- The last thing to do in the First Step is to specify Tags. They’re actually the keywords (search terms) which help out people to find your gig. You can add upto 5 tags. Once added, hit “Save & Continue” button to proceed to next step.
- HOW TO CREATE FIVERR GIG (STEP 02 – PRICING): Now comes the step to setup your gig pricing. Fiverr has recently introduced the concept of Gig Packages. You can either create 1 or 3 packages based on your requirements. By default, there’s only one package available in which you can enter details but you can change it to 3 packages by clicking the toggle at the top right corner (as shown below).Another thing which you thing to consider is specifying the “Service Type”. In our case, I selected FULL WEBSITE CREATION because it’s the most relevant one. After that you can start entering details in the Packages. Enter the Package name, Package Description, Order Delivery Time, No. of Revisions you’re offering and Price.
- You can also offer some Gig Extras to increase your order revenue. Gig extras provides you the flexibility to offer more services which are relevant to the gig but not offered in the regular package. They’re optional. By default there’re 3 types of extras: Extra Fast Delivery, Additional Revision and Stock Photos. However, you can also add your custom extra relevant to your field. For example, if you have mentioned in your package that you’ll do certain task in 3 days but your buyer wants it within 24 hours, then you can use the Extra Fast Delivery gig extra with an additional amount.If your services involve physical shipping, you can use the Shipping option accordingly. Once you’ve added all information, hit “Save & Continue” button to proceed to step 03 of gig creation.
- HOW TO CREATE FIVERR GIG (STEP 03 – DESCRIPTION & FAQ): The third step is to add Description and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) related to your gig to further explain what you’re offering.Let’s talk about the description first. In this section, you need to describe your service in detail. Your description should be of minimum 120 characters and maximum 1200 characters. You need to explain what you’re offering and why you’re the perfect fit for this service.
- In the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section, you need to specify common questions related to your gig. In this way, you can save time. Please note that it is optional but I personally recommend you to add them. Once you’re done, hit the “Save & Continue” button and proceed to the next step.
- HOW TO CREATE FIVERR GIG (STEP 04 – REQUIREMENTS): This part covers what you need from buyer to start your work. Obviously you need some requirements and content from buyer to proceed with your order so write down your requirements here so whenever someone orders your gig, they need to add those requirements and after that the order countdown will start. You also need to specify the Answer Type and check if the answer is mandatory or not.This is a recent update in Fiverr. Previously, people used to place orders without giving any detail and it caused the sellers to cancel those orders which affect their profiles. Fiverr addressed this issue and come up with a solution in the form of requirements. Once you’re done, hit the “Save & Continue” button and proceed to the next step.
- HOW TO CREATE FIVERR GIG (STEP 05 – GALLERY): The next step is to visually represent your service to the buyers. For this purpose, you can add a Portfolio photo or Gig Video to showcase your service and portfolio. It is highly recommended that you add video because gigs with videos sell more. You can add up to 3 different photos while in case of Video, you can add only 1. Once you add the video, it takes some time for processing and display on your gig within 24 hours of publishing your gig.
- Apart from Photos and Gig Videos, you can also add PDF files to further clarify your services if that’s relevant to your gig. Once you’re done adding all the required stuff, hit the “Save & Continue” button and proceed to the last step.
- HOW TO CREATE FIVERR GIG (STEP 06 – PUBLISH): Ok so here comes the last step of gig creation. Now that you’ve added title, description, photos/videos and pricing information, it’s time to publish the gig so people can see and contact you. For this purpose, hit the “Publish” button and you’re done!
Check out my other article about how to optimize your Fiverr gig in order to get more sales.
I hope after reading this article, you’ll be able to learn how to create Fiverr Gig. If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box and I’d be more than happy to assist. If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.