Joined Fiverr a while ago? Created gigs but not getting projects? Frustrated? Want to quit? Let me help you! Today I’m going to explain how you can make use of Fiverr Buyer Requests and get orders even If you’re a newbie.
This is a common observation that most of the new sellers face difficulties in getting projects in their early stages of freelancing career. The reason is obvious! There’re a lot of sellers already on Fiverr with old profiles having ton of customer reviews depicting the quality of their work.
While on the other hand, being a new seller, your profile doesn’t have any customer feedback and that’s when you face ignorance from buyers because most of the time they prefer experienced persons.
But you don’t need to frustrate. Just remember that “Every Master was once a Beginner”.
With that being said, If you’re a new seller, there’s still a pretty fair chance that you gain buyers’ attention. You can do so through Fiverr Buyer Requests. Let’s discuss this in detail…
How to Use Fiverr Buyer Requests to Get Orders
- Login to www.fiverr.com.
- Move your cursor over your username at the top right corner. You’ll see a menu.
- Click on ‘Selling’ from this menu and a drop-down would open.
- Click on ‘Buyer Requests’ from this drop-down menu.
- Once you click that menu, you’ll be displayed a list of projects posted by Fiverr Buyers. If you don’t know how to use Fiverr as a buyer, check out my guide on Fiverr Buyers. Please note that you can send 10 offers (project proposals) per day. The buyer requests are normally updated with new projects after every 12 hours but that’s not necessary every time.
Now If you look at the projects, you’ll see that (starting from left) there’s Date on which the project is posted, Profile picture of buyer (who posted the project), Project description and related tags, No. of offers received on this project means people who’ve already sent their proposals on this project, Time duration of the project and Project budget (optional). For example, If we look at the top request, we can see that it is posted on 22nd March, 2017. The buyer needs a WordPress theme customization expert for a related task. Moreover, 05 proposals have already been sent to this buyer and the project duration is 24 hours weeks while the client has specified $15 as the budget. Please note that by default you see buyer requests of all subcategories in which you’ve created gigs but you can see gigs related to specific category by selecting the relevant option from the drop-down.
- Now it’s time to send an offer/proposal to this client. To do so, move your cursor on the offer and you’ll see a “Send Offer” button. Also you’ll see “Remove Request” link which allows you to delete a specific request from the list in case you don’t want to see it.
- Now it’s time to send project proposal. To do so, click on the “Send Offer” button and a popup will be displayed which would allow you to select a gig relevant to the project. Click on the gig you want to select. In my case I’ve selected theme customization gig as highlighted below.
- Once you select a gig, you can start creating proposal. First of all, describe why you’re the perfect fit for this project and why should the buyer hire you. Please note that the project description must not exceed 800 characters. After project description, you need to specify the time duration in which you can complete the project. The minimum amount of time is 1 day while the maximum is 30 days. Right after time duration, you need to specify the project fee. The maximum amount varies based on your Fiverr Level Badge. I’m a Level 2 Seller so I’m allowed to send offer of upto $10,000 in a single order. You can also specify the number of revisions and extra services you’re offering with this project. It all depends upon your gig category. Once you’re done, hit the “Send Offer” button.
- That’s all! You’ve successfully sent a project proposal (offer) on Fiverr.
I hope after reading this article, you’ll be able to learn how to use Fiverr Buyer Requests to get freelance projects on Fiverr. If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box and I’d be more than happy to assist. If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.