Have you created a WordPress site and planning to do its SEO? Looking for the best SEO plugin? Look nowhere because Yoast SEO is here! Yoast SEO (previously WordPress SEO by Yoast) is a complete SEO solution for your WordPress website. It provides very good recommendations for your website to improve its SEO. In this article, I’ll be guiding you through all the steps which are required to install and configure Yoast SEO Plugin.
Install and Configure Yoast SEO Plugin
Let’s take a look at the different steps involved in installing and configuring Yoast SEO Plugin. Below is the complete video tutorial to install and configure Yoast SEO Plugin.
How to Install and Configure Yoast SEO Plugin (English)
How to Install and Configure Yoast SEO Plugin (Urdu/Hindi)
If you prefer the text version, follow these steps:
- The installation is very similar to other WordPress plugins. First of all, go to Plugins > Add New
- Type ‘Yoast SEO’ in the search bar and press Enter.
- Click on ‘Install Now’ and wait for it to be installed.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button.
Alternatively, you can download Yoast SEO plugin from this URL and install it through FTP or Cpanel. After that, you can activate it by navigating through Plugins > Installed Plugins > find ‘Yoast SEO’ and click on ‘Activate’ option present right under its name.
- In the admin panel menu, find ‘SEO’, click on ‘Dashboard’ and then click on ‘General’.
2. Yoast SEO Configuration:
Now that you’ve installed the plugin, let’s move towards the configuration part. Follow these steps:
- In the General menu, click on the ‘Open the configuration wizard’. The plugin configuration wizard would open. It has 10 steps.
- Welcome: In the first step, it displays a Welcome message and ask If you want to sign up for a newsletter to get related emails from Yoast. Atleast I don’t want to! So if you want to receive newsletter emails, go ahead and add your details in the form. If not, then follow me and skip this step by clicking on the ‘Next’ button.
- Environment: In the second step, it’d ask about your website’s Environment. You need to select the Production option in this case because our website is live and we need to get traffic on our website. After that, click on ‘Next’.
- Site Type: In this step, you’ll be asked about the site type. Click on the most suitable option. In my case, it is a blog so I selected ‘Blog’ but if you’ve other type of website, you should select the relevant category and click ‘Next’.
- Company or Person: In this step, you’ll be asked if your website is about an individual or a company. In my case, it is a ‘Company’ so I selected that option. If you’re a company, select the relevant option. After that, enter the ‘Company Name’ and ‘Logo Image’. Click on ‘Next’.
- Social Profiles: In the next step, you need to add your social media profiles to get social signals for your website. I’ve added Facebook and Twitter profiles of my blog. You can add all which are applicable.
- Post Type Visibility: Now comes the step of which post type of the site would you like Google to see and crawl. Keep the default settings in this case in which ‘Visible’ option is selected for both ‘Posts’ and ‘Pages’ types and ‘Hidden’ option is selected for ‘Media’ post type. After that selection, click on ‘Next’.
- Multiple Authors: In this step, you’ll be asked if your site has one or more authors. In my case, I’m the only one who writes all stuff so I’ve selected ‘No’. You can select the relevant option. After that, click on ‘Next’.
- Google Search Console: In this step, you’ll be able to integrate your Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) account into Yoast. You need to have a Google Search Console Account for this purpose which you can easily create using Gmail.
- Title Settings: Now comes the title settings. In this step, you need to add your website title and select any icon as separator. This separator is used between your website title and tagline. You can select any icon you prefer. I normally use pipe icon (“|”) btw 🙂
- Success: And we’re done! We’ve successfully configured the Yoast SEO Plugin with most appropriate settings.
I hope this complete guide would help you to properly install and configure Yoast SEO Plugin. If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box and I’d be more than happy to assist. If you liked this article, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.